Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The Great Leveller

Small moments are what make Netrunner a great game. I have been collecting a few stories of these moments from players around the world and will share them periodically on this page. I will try my best to keep the original text, but some stories will have to be paraphrased given the limited space I had for descriptions.

This one comes from Kyle and proves that it doesn't matter how good you are, the game isn't won until one player has 7 points.

ETF (Kyle) v. Whizzard (Dan "The Champion of all the Countries" D'Argenio).


Dan was running a Whizzard Faust deck back when Dumblefork was all the rage. I was running my Core set and first two cycles limited cardpool glacier deck. It wasn't a competitive one at all. However, few people expect the card choices I made.

So what happened?

He had stolen 2 or 3 of my agendas at this point, but I had a Tollbooth and some other ice on my scoring remote. So naturally I try to tax him by bluffing a non-agenda into the server. He calls my bluff, and runs through my taxing remote like its nobody's business. He can afford to check it every time. But what did he find at the end of the server this time? 


A Snare.

Too bad he was running Faust, huh... ;)

I have never played him since, and honestly I doubt I can ever replicate that situation, but I will never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment